What is the difference between a Bollywood movie and an American one? It’s a Hindi Cinema in Indian Hindi language, based in Mumbai (India). Indian cinema is known as the world’s largest film industry when it’s about film production. So it is very interesting and very special.
Here’s a pick of 30 of the greatest musical moments in Indian cinema. Usually, Bollywood movies contain songs, which are with the same theme as the movie. What is the secret formula for the best Bollywood songs? Is it the fact that they are part of great movies? Or maybe it’s the feeling that gives to the listeners? Or the most popular Bollywood songs are those which have an interesting plot or text? Or it’s up to the singer and the amazing performance? How will we find out? Maybe, we have to see the movies first.
Which are the most popular Bollywood movie songs of all times? Are you curious to find out? Let’s check.
30 of the most popular movie Bollywood songs
Those 10 songs have huge number of viewers on YouTube.
1. ‘Chaar Bottle Vodka’ from “Ragini MMS2 (2014)”
This famous Bollywood song is about a Punjabi rapper, named Yo Yo Honey Singh, who had been drinking four bottles of vodka (the chorus is remarkable: ‘I want a hangover tonight’) in some club. A Canadian-Indian porn star, called Sunny Leone is his partner in the songs. Most of the parents don’t like this Bollywood song, but it is very popular among kids. As proof, it has more than 32 million views on Youtube. What a hit!
2. ‘Badtameez Dil’ from Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani” (2010)
This Bollywood song reminds a lot like 50 Cent’s “In da Club”, which was a huge hit when it came up to the light. What is the song about? To be a player, to be mischievous and to party. The lyrics are catchy and interesting. Definitely, it makes you feel very “jolly good”.
3. ‘Kal Ho Naa Ho’ from “Kal Ho Naa Ho”(2003)
This Bollywood song is a soundtrack of the movie with the same name. It’s a case in which the songs make the movie very special. Why? Because the song is awesome. Listen to it.
4. ‘Chaiyya Chaiyya’ from the film: ‘Dil Se..’ (1998)
The name of the movie means “From the heart”. What is about? It’s about the unexpected meeting that followed us to… unbelievable relations with people who are meant to be for us.
5. ‘Tujhe Dekha Toh Yeh Jana Sanam’ from ‘Dilwalhe Dulhania Le Jayenge’ (1995)
This song is part of one of the most romantic Hindi movies of all times. What’s the story? It’s about unconditional love between two people and… You will see, check the song and if you like it, try to watch the movie. It’s nice.
6. ‘Aap Jaisa Koi’ from ‘Qurbani’ (1980)
The movie is Hindi Action Drama film. “Ourbani” became famous thanks to the Bollywood song, which a disco song, by Nazia Hassan – the Pakistani popstar.
7. ‘Kabhi Kabhi Mere Dil Mein’ from ‘Kabhie Kabhie’ (1976)
The key to the Bollywood movies is songs. And this song is very beautiful and somehow a little bit sad. It’s about two people – Amit and Pooja, who can’t be together, because of their families. It sounds like Romeo and Juliette. But a bit more heart breakable.
8. ‘Dum Maro Dum’ from ‘Hare Raama Hare Krishna’ (1971)
This Bollywood song is about hippies in India and their singing. The songs is nice, sounds just like the 80’s.
9. ‘Aaj Phir Jeene Ki Tamanna Hai’ from ‘Guide’ (1965)
A very optimistic beginning of this Bollywood song. It says: ‘Today I feel like living again”.The plot is simple: a dancer in a loveless marriage suddenly falls in love with a tour guide. All of the best songs are about love, don’t they?
10. ‘Awaara Hoon’ from ‘Awaara’ (1951)
The Bollywood song ‘Awaara Hoon’ shows the main actor cheerfully singing about being a drifter, tapping into the Partition of 1947 that saw around 10 million people displaced.
20 more Bollywood songs from the best movies
If you feel more curious about Bollywood songs from movies, check out the rest 20 top Bollywood songs. Some of them are from one movie.
- Man re, tu kaahe na dheer dhare from Chitralekha (1964)
- Din dhal jaaye, hai raat na jaaye… from Guide (1965)
- Tere mere sapne ab ek rang hain…from Guide (1965)
- Kuch to log kahenge logon ka kaam hai kehna… from Amar Prem (1971)
- Jo vaada kiya woh nibhana padega… from Taj Mahal (1963)
- Waqt ne kiya kya haseen sitam… from Kaagaz ke phool (1959)
- Ai qaatib-e-taqdeer mujhe itna bata de… from My Sister (1944)
- Ayega, ayega, ayega ayega aane wala… from Mahal (1949)
- Piya tose naina lage re… from Guide (1965)
- O sajna, barkha bahar ayee…from: Parakh (1960)
- Mai ye sochkar uske dar se… from Haqeeqat (1964)
- Zindagi ke safar me guzar jate hain jo makam… from Aap ki kasam (1974)
- Tum jo mil gaye ho to ye lagta hai, ke jahan mil gaya… from Hanste zakhm (1973)
- Dil cheez kya hai aap meri jaan lijiye… from Umrao Jaan (1981)
- Chura liya hai tumne jo dil ko… from Yaadon ki baraat (1973)
- Tum pukar lo… from Khamoshi (1969)
- Poocho na kaise maine rain bitayi… from Meri soorat teri aankhen (1963)
- Har ghadi badal rahi hai roop zindagi… from Kal ho naa ho (2003)
- Piya tose naina lage re…from Guide (1965)
- Kuch dil ne kaha, kuch bhi nahin… from Anupama (1966)Looks like The “Guide” movie has a lot of Bollywood songs, which are very popular. Don’t miss it, watch the movies and enjoy the music.